Exactly eight weeks from tomorrow, at 5:00 pm CDT, Murray State visits Louisville to (finally) kick off the 2011 College Football Season. That means there are only eight weeks of:
- Pretending to be interested in Major League Baseball. Why do you think they call them penance races?
- Pretending to be interested in the Tour day Fraunce.
- Pretending to care about Soccer.
- Pretending to care about Tennis. Ugh.
- Pretending to be interested in the interminable parade of equally interminable watch lists for every damned trophy known to man, beast and sportswriter.
- Pretending to be worried over the NBA lockout and whether the league can salvage the 2011-12 season. LeBron Who?
- Pretending to be amused by Gregg Doyel’s “Hate Mail.”
- Pretending to be interested in Bleacher Reports Top 10 lists.
- Anxiously awaiting the preseason Top 25 rankings and arguing over which one is more full of hooey.
- Gazing endlessly at CrimsonAudio’s awesome SEC Helmet Schedule.
Only eight weeks. Scarcely two months and no more pretending.